Volunteering Victoria 2024 State Conference
Applications are now CLOSED
We are currently reviewing all submissions and preparing the program schedule, with successful presenters to be notified soon.
Stay tuned for the full program release!
Volunteering Victoria is inviting submissions from qualified and passionate presenters for the concurrent breakout sessions at the 2024 State Conference.
The conference is a two-day hybrid event featuring local, national and international speakers, across plenary and concurrent breakout sessions.
Over 250 delegates are expected to attend the conference being held at Pullman Melbourne on the Park. A strong turnout from volunteer managers and coordinators across the state is expected, although attendance from those outside the sector will also be encouraged.
For the first time, we will also be offering both online and regional attendance options to increase accessibility for those outside metropolitan Melbourne.
The theme for the 2024 State Conference is ‘Shake it Up: Bold Change!‘
Submissions to present must address the conference theme.
We are seeking presentations on a range of topics applicable to the conference streams:
For those newer to volunteering, from inside or outside the sector, wanting to explore the environment of volunteer leadership.
This stream contains content at a foundational level.
For intermediate leaders and thinkers, looking to build volunteer programs through innovation and systemic change.
This stream contains content at a more advanced level.
For experienced leaders and thinkers, with a relational and cross-sectoral focus, wanting to shape the future of volunteering.
This stream contains content at a strategic level.
- Not all submissions received will be accepted into the program. Presentations will be selected based on their proposed topic, content and approach, and relevance to the conference theme.
- Your presentation should be exclusive to Volunteering Victoria’s 2024 State Conference, and not one that has been presented at a previous Conference or similar event.
- All submissions will be reviewed by the Conference Presentation Selection Panel with relevance, presentation style and adaptability taken into consideration as part of the selection process. The Selection Panel reserves the right to reject any presentation it does not feel meets the criteria.
- In submitting a proposal, you consent to your presentation being distributed to conference attendees after the event, should your proposal be selected.
- Acceptance of a proposal to present does not include unlimited attendance at the conference. If your proposal is accepted and you wish to attend the conference beyond the time of your presentation, you will be required to register and pay the associated registration fee.
- The presentation may be live streamed.
- Selected presentations will be scheduled during concurrent breakout sessions. Delegates will select their preferred session on the day of the conference.
- If selected for the conference program, presenters will be asked to provide the following due by 16 February 2024:
- An extended abstract (up to 300 words)
- A photo and profile for use in the conference program.